- Are committed to championing a responsible approach to food and beverage advertising to children as articulated in our Blueprint for Responsible Food Marketing Communications.
- Recognise the need for a strong but proportionate regulatory framework, able to meet its stated regulatory objectives without imposing disproportionate regulatory burdens.
- Believe that this delicate balance is best achieved by maintaining a regulatory framework, such as that currently embodied in the EU Audi-visual Media Services Directive, complemented by detailed and effective self-regulatory advertising standards and supplemented by robust sectoral and corporate commitments to responsible marketing.
- Are committed to full compliance with statutory regulation, but also to upholding, promoting and, where necessary, further strengthening effective advertising standards and their enforcement at national level.
- Are open to constructive dialogue with all stakeholders to identify and address sensitivities to which codes of conduct can be adapted.
- Are committed to a participatory and constructive approach in further developing advertising standards for food and beverage products and to accountability with regard to their implementation and enforcement.1
- Will further employ their skills and know-how so that advertising can be a force for good to promote healthy lifestyles.
- Will continue to fund and support the development of media literacy campaigns in the EU and worldwide to better equip children with the skills needed to interact with a modern commercial world.